PRINCETON ATTACK DOWNS UNIVERSITY SOCCER TEAM

LAMONT AND DORMAN SCORE ONLY POINTS FOR HARVARD

The Princeton soccer team won its fifth victory over the Crimson in the same number of successive years when it defeated the University last Saturday on Poe Field in Princeton by a score of 6-2. Saturday's Orange and Black victory doomed Crimson hopes for a championship soccer team and is ominous for a Harvard victory over the aggressive Pennsylvania men next Saturday.

Princeton-Gets the Jump

In the game Saturday Princeton early got the jump on the University players and succeeded in keeping the ball in Crimson territory the greater part of the time. The brilliant shots of Captain Smart of Princeton often were responsible for placing his team mates, Oliver, Cooper, Simons, and Handy, in a position to score.

It was not until late in the second half that the University scored. Coach Nies of Princeton as the game neared the end, sent in second string players who were unable to cope with the Crimson forwards. These succeeded in keeping the ball much of the time in Orange territory, with the result that Lamont and Dorman scored.

Forwards Lacked Unity

The University forwards did not attack with that unity which was conspicuous in the game a week ago against Cornell. This lack of co-operation was also noticeable in the defence, where Brooks, Pattison, and Furber did themselves much credit in resisting the aggressive Princetonian.

The summary: HARVARD  PRINCETON Fitton, g.  g., Thomas Greenidge, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Sayles Furber, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Fisher Pattison, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lloyd Brooks, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Smart Tarnowsky, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Davis Lamont, l.i.f.  r.i.f.,Cooper Wright, c.f.  c.f., Simons Norton, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Handy Tuttle, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Pitrachat Eldridge, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Oliver

Score--Princeton, 6; Harvard, 2, Goals--Simons '2, Smart, Oliver, Cooper, Handy, Lamont, Dorman. Substitutions--Harvard, Phaneuf for Furber, Norton for Tuttle, Wright for Norton. Dorman for Wright; Princeton, Woolston for Sayles.

Referee--George Young of Philadelphia, Pa. Time--45-minute halves.