NEAR EAST RELIEF REQUESTS USE OF GOLDEN RULE DINNER

December 2 is Date Set for World Observance of Fast

The Sunday dinner of December 2 will be known as the International Golden Rule Dinner, which means in short that every person who observes the dinner will dine that Sunday on a diet of bread, stew, and cocoa varied by some fresh vegetables, and these persons will save the difference between this frugal fare and the customary American Sunday dinner in order to give it to the Near East Relief for the benefit of the starving children of Armenia and Anatolia.

The International Golden Rule Sunday was suggested by the International Near East Association at its conference in Goneva last September. The plan as there adopted provides that individuals and families throughout the world will forego their usual varied meal and give the difference in cost to the Near East Relief. Americans will feel especially the contrast between their fare and that of the child of Asia Minor, for the Golden Rule dinner follows close upon Thanksgiving.

Mr. Dwight M. Donaldson '21 and Dr. Phillips F. Greene M. '19 are associated with the Near East Relief. On its Board of Trustees are three University men. President Eliot, Hon, Franklin D. Roosevelt '04, and General Leonard Wood M. '84.