JOHN H. CLARKE WILL SPEAK HERE TUESDAY

Subject to be "America's Duty to the World"--Speaker is Head of Non-partisan League Association

Mr. John Hessin Clarke, ex-associate justice of the United States Supreme Court, will speak at the Union on Tuesday, November 20, and all members of the University may hear his address on "America's Duty to the World".

Justice Clarke is the national president of the League of Nations Non-Partisan Association and will speak at the Union as the guest of the University branch of the Non-Partisan Association as well as of the Union.

Lowell Will Introduce Speaker

Justice Clarke, who will be introduced next Tuesday evening by President Lowell, was appointed associate justice of the United States Supreme Court by President Wilson on July 14, 1916 and was superceded by George Sutherland on September 18, 1922. He was born in Ohio, studied law at Western Reserve University, and practised law in Youngstown and later in Cleveland. He was general council for the New York, Cleveland, and St. Louis Railroad, commonly known as the Nickel Plate, for 13 years.