MYSTERY BURLESQUE IS PI ETA MOTIVE

Morgan, Collier, and Sawin in Leading Roles--Dill and Scott Compose Two of Musical Numbers

"Dr. Hyde and Mr. Seek," is the title for this year's Pi Eta production as selected last night by the committee in charge of arranging the books and lyrics for the 1924 Pi Eta show. This title was chosen from a list of suggestions, which had been submitted by various members of the Pi Eta Society.

Work on the production has been going on rapidly during the past few weeks under the direction of Mr. G. V. C. Lord, coach of last year's Pi Eta show, "First Down Egypt", and of various Hasty Pudding Club plays in preceding years. The action of the play has been outlined, the leading characters cast, and several of the musical numbers selected.

Although many of the minor parts of the play remain to be assigned, the three principals were chosen over a week ago. The leading lady, Peggy Reese, is to be C. H. Morgan '24. Last year Morgan took the part of "Cleopatra" in "First Down Egypt" and also a feminine role in the Dramatic Club production "Beranger". The part of Phil Chapin, a very devoted admirer of Peggy, will be taken by J. J. Collier '24, who acted last year in both the Dramatic Club plays, "Beranger", and "The Life of Man". Another important male part is that of Prince Josef Ivanovitch Seekenin, to be acted by E. A. Sawin '25.

Two Musical Numbers Stand Out

Of the musical numbers which have been chosen for "Dr. Hyde and Mr. Seek", two selections in particular are expected to achieve popularity. One, by Malcolm Dill, is entitled "When the Dumbells Met at the Indian Club". The other, "Old-Fashioned Love", was composed by H. E. Scott 2G.

The general motive of "Dr. Hyde and Mr. Seek" is to burlesque the prevailing type of mystery play. The action of the play takes place at "Aunt Margaret's Manor House in Northern Vermont,--one quart's pop from the Canadian border." The complications of the play are due to the combined efforts of Peggy's ardent admirers and various mysterious personages such as bootleggers, spirits, and members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Rehearsals of the production will be held regularly from now until the date of the first performance early in January.

The present itinerary for the Pi Eta includes seven performances. The first will be the Graduates' Night for members of the Pi Eta Society in the Pi Eta theatre on January 4.

Public performances will be given in the Pi Eta theatre on January 7, 8, and 10. On January 10 the Pi Eta company will appear at Whitney Hall in Brookline, on January 11 at Newton in the Players' Hall, and on January 14 at Quincy.