BASKETBALL CANDIDATES TO MEET AT VARSITY CLUB

Regular Practice for University Squad Will Begin Tomorrow--Schedule is Longer and Harder This Year

A week later than usual, the University basketball season will get under way with a meeting of candidates at 7 o'clock today in the Varsity Club. Regular practice will start tomorrow.

The speakers will be Kimball Prince '24 and Coach Wachter, who will outline the plans for the coming season. Coach Wachter has also asked Haven Parker 3L to speak. The latter was the first manager after the organization of basketball as a regular minor sport three years ago.

The task of Coach Wachter will be particularly difficult this year, in that the schedule of games arranged for the team is longer and harder than ever before. The University of Pennsylvania, Syracuse, and Columbia have been added to the list, while there, will be two matches with Dartmouth as well as with Yale. Practice will begin a week later than usual; the first game comes a week earlier. There will, therefore, be little opportunity for the ordinary through drill in fundamentals. Moreover Columbia has already been practising for two week, and the other members of the league have all got under way.