Exuberant Elis, Flushed With First Victory Over Harvard in Seven Years, Carry Goal Posts Away as Souvenirs

All that remains of the Stadium goal posts which were torn up on Saturday by the Yale supporters in their exuberance over Yale's long deferred victory is a few splintered pieces now reposing in the Yale Club of Boston at 10 Derne street on Beacon Hill.

Both goal posts were paraded in triumph through the three miles of mud and puddles between the Stadium and the Yale Club immediately after the snake dance in the Stadium. One of the uprights of the goal posts was slung horizontally across the second floor balcony of the Club. The remaining pieces were taken inside the club for future use.

When the Yale Club was called last night, however, it was learned that only a few small pieces remain of all the glorious wreckage. The steward sadly declared that Yale enthusiasts had been breaking off splinters for souvenire throughout the day, and that he expected the last bit to be gone before the Eli invaders have desired Boston.