TO HOLD FENCING TOURNAMENT TO DISCOVER NEW MATERIAL

Coach Danguy Will Run Off Matches This Afternoon in Hemenway

A fall fencing tournament to select additional members of the University fencing squad will be held this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Hemenway Gymnasium. The tournament will be run off in five-touch bouts and from the winning fencers, Coach Danguy will select those who show the most promise to add to his University squad.

This squad now contains ten members from last year's fencers. Three of these men, R. M. Morrison '24, Leonard Snedeker '25, and F. W. Saunders '24, belong to the epee squad, while the following seven regulars are in the foils squad; Captain E. H. Lane '24, E. L. Lane '24, Roland Fleer '24, Paul Dacier '24, R. A. Durham '25, Noel Morss '26, and Howard Finney '26.

Practice for the University and Freshman squads will be held each day from 4 to 6 for the next eight weeks. The regular fencing schedule will begin on February first, and continue until the Intercollegiate fencing tournament in New York during the first week in April. Among the colleges with which meets have been temporarily arranged for the coming winter season are West Point, Dartmouth, M. I. T., New York University, Columbia, Pennsylvania, and Yale.