CERCLE FRANCAIS WILL GIVE FINAL PERFORMANCE TONIGHT

Play Well Received on Tuesday Will be Repeated in Fine Arts Theatre

The Cercle Francais of the University will close its fall dramatic season with a second performance of "Le Depute de Bombignac" in the Fine Arts Theatre at 8.15 this evening. This play, which is a light three act comedy by Alexander Bisson, was well received at its first performance on Tuesday afternoon at the Fine Arts Theatre.

The play deals chiefly with the adventures of a gay young Count, who tires of the married and political life to which he has been bound, seeks Paris, and, after a short fling at bachelor life, returns only to find an accumulation of matrimonial and political troubles awaiting him.

J. D. Lodge '25 Has Leading Role

The major part, that of the Count of Chantelaur, is taken by J. D. Lodge '25, president of the Cercle Francais. The Countess, Helene, is played by Miss Ethel Thayer, and the Count's secretary, Pinteau, by Y. H. Buhler.

Music for this evening's performance will be furnished by a string quartet under the direction of E. T. Payson '26 of the Pierian Sodality, and debutantes of 1923 will sell programs and act as ushers.

The proceeds of these performances of the Cercle Francais will be contributed to the fund for the Rheims American Memorial Hospital. Tickets may be purchased at $3, $2.50, and $1.50 each from M. L. Stout '25, manager of the Cercle Francais productions, at 22 Plympton Street, or from Herrick's, the Copley Plaza, Loew's State Theatre, or Kent's University Book Store.