SODALITY WILL PLAY AT SHAKSPEAREAN FESTIVAL

Costume Ball to be Given for Benefit of Jewett Players--Noted Actors and Actresses Will Take Part in Program

Harvard students will play a large part in the varied program of the Shakespearean Festival and Ball to be held in the Copley Plaza on Friday evening, November 16, under the auspices of the Frances Jewett Repertory Theatre Club for the benefit of the Repertory Theatre of Boston.

The program will begin with modern dancing at 9.30 o'clock in the Copley Plaza Ball Room. At 11.30 o'clock, the Shakespeare Festival will start. Festival music will be played by the Pierian Sodality Orchestra. Following the processional march, in which will assemble all the historical characters of the period, including Queen Elizabeth, Sir Walter Raleigh, Richard Burbage, and Shakespeare, various groups will portray characters from many of Shakespeare's tragedies and comedies.

Among the groups will be one composed of students from the University and Radcliffe which will present "The Merchant of Venice". Other students will take part in several of the dances and songs from "As You Like It".

In addition to these groups, there will be several numbers by professional actors. Miss Louise Brown, the famous danseuse now starring in "Sally, Irene and Mary", will give a solo dance, and a group of actors,--among them Miss Sydney Reynolds, Miss Hazel Vernon, Walter Regan, and Burford Hampden,--who are now playing in Boston theatres will portray "Richard the Third".

There will be other groups, representing "The Winter's Tale" and "The Merry Wives of Windsor", and the programme will conclude with modern dancing.

All those who attend the ball will wear either Shakespearean or Elizabethan costumes. And those who take part in the processional march are eligible for a prize offered by the Frances Jewett Repertory Theatre Club for the most impressive group in the march,--especial attention being paid to the accuracy of the costumes representing the various characters.

The judges who will award the prize will be Miss Ada L. Comstock, president of Radcliffe, Miss Ellen F. Pendleton, president of Wellesley. Dr. Samuel W. Stratton, president of the Institute of Technology, the Honorable Sir Charles Davidson, former Chief Justice of Canada. Judge Robert Grant '73 of the board of overseers of the University, and Mr. Cyrus E. Dallin, the famous sculptor, and his wife.

Tickets and information may be obtained from Mrs. Walter C. Baylies, 5 Commonwealth Avenue, or from the Frances Jewett Repertory Theatre Club at the Copley Theatre.