FRESHMAN HOCKEY SEASON GETS UNDER WAY TONIGHT

Captain Crosby, Coach Dempsey, and Possibly Dr. Parmenter, Will Address Candidates in Smith Halls at 7.30

The Freshman hockey season will begin officially tonight with a meeting for all candidates in Smith Halls Common Room at 7.30 o'clock.

Captain Crosby will address the meeting and explain the fundamentals of the present system of play.

This year's Freshman coach, J. H. Dempsey '23, will explain the work which he intends to carry on this year and outline this season's schedule. In addition it is hoped that Dr. D. C. Parmenter '13 will be present to speak at the meeting.

Angier Will Assist

This year Coach Dempsey will have Donald Angler '23, the coach of last year's successful yearling team, to assist him. Angier will give as much time as his business duties will permit, and will probably have charge of the forwards, as he won his letter as a wing on the University team.

Although there will probably be no practice before there is ice on the Charlesbank rinks, it is possible that the 1927 squad may have one of two practice sessions at the Arena before Christmas. Last year the development of the Freshmen was retarded by the inclement weather and the resulting lack of good ice.

This year, however, under the new arrangement by which the Arena is leased for two entire afternoons each week, the Freshman squad will probably not have to be so dependent on the condition of the Charlesbank rinks, but will have the Arena for its usage fairly often.