WILL GIVE PRIZES IN MEMORY OF STEINMETZ

League for Industrial Democracy Will Present Awards of $200 and $100--Wide Range in Subjects Allowed

The League for Industrial Democracy has announced the offering of two prizes, the first of two hundred dollars and the second of one hundred, as the awards for an Economics essay contest. The competition is open to all undergraduates of any college.

It is in memory of the late Dr. Charles P. Steinmetz that the prizes are offered. Besides his more famous scientific pursuits, Dr. Steinmetz was deeply interested in economic questions. He was vice-president of the League which offers the awards.

The conditions for the contest are not unusual. The manuscript must not have been published before; the donors reserve the copywright privilege; no award will be made if no essay is judged of sufficient merit by the committee of judges, on which Professor A. N. Holcombe '06 is the Harvard representative.

A wide range in the choice of subjects is allowed. A writer may choose his own subject, on the approval of the committee, or he may select one of the topics suggested. Among these are: "Potential Organizability of Women in American Trade Union," "The Workers' Press--A Critical Analysis and a plan for the Future," a number of questions connected with Nationalization of Industry, and "The Effect of Business Cycles on Radical Movements."

Essays should be submitted to the Prize Essay Contest Committee of the League of Industrial Democracy, 70 Fifth Avenue, New York, before June 1st, 1924.