FENCING TEAM SHOWS PROMISE IN LONG DAILY PRACTICES

Positions of Number Three Man and Alternate in Doubt

Coach Danguy of the University fencing squad has a promising group of candidates working out daily in the Hemenway Gymnasium, out of which he hopes to build a formidable team around the nucleus of last year's veterans, Captain E. H. Lane '24, and E. L. Lane '24.

Three months of practice have left the positions of number three man and alternate still uncertain. At present, the team would probably line-up with Roland Fleer '24, last year's third man, in his old position.

A practice meet last Friday with the more experienced of the B. A. A. and M. I. T. fencers brought out several likely competitors, including R. A. Durham '25 who appears especially well on reposts and Howard Finney '26, number one man on last year's Freshman team. Lendon Snedecker '25, who is now doing duelling swords, showed up well with the foils, and may be transferred to that division.

The 1924 schedule, which starts in the last of January includes two new opponents, New York University and the Saltus Fencing Club of the French Y. M. C. A. of New York, the latter probably the most experienced team in the country.