SAILS FOR OXFORD AFTER EXCHANGE WORK HERE

CAME UNDER LOWELL'S EXCHANGE OF INSTRUCTORS AGREEMENT

After three months at Harvard representing the Oxford tutorial system Mr. Kenneth K. M. Leys of University College, Oxford, left here yesterday to sail for England on Friday. In the second half year his place will be taken by his colleague at University College, Mr. Keir. Both are tutors in History.

Mr. Leys came here in accordance with the agreement made by President Lowell during his stay in England last February. In their agreement the chief point was the arrangement for an exchange of tutors between Harvard and Oxford for the purpose of comparing the sprouting system here with the deep-rooted system at Oxford. Associate Professor B. H. Burbank and Assistant Professor R. P. Blake have been representing the University of Oxford, the former in Economics and the latter in History.

Over here, Mr. Leyes has been tutoring some men in History, so that his example would show the Harvard undergraduates and tutors the workings of the Oxford System. For the same reason, he gave a course on "Topics in Modern English History," History 43, in the English tutorial manner.