MALCOLM GREENOUGH WILL CAPTAIN ELEVEN IN 1924

Knox and Logan Also to Speak at Meeting Tonight--May Show Pictures of Games

Malcolm Whelen Greenough '25, regular centre this year, was unanimously elected captain of the 1924 football team yesterday afternoon.

The election was held at Notman's Studio, where the letter men assembled for their annual photograph. The new captain is also president of the Junior Class.

Greenough prepared for college at Groton School, where he played tackle on the championship eleven in 1920. Entering college in the fall of 1921, he was shifted to centre on his Freshman squad. He won his numerals as a substitute at that position. There was an abundance of centre material on the University squad a year ago, so Greenough was moved back to tackle. He speedily won the rating of first substitute tackle, and in the Yale game he was one of four Sophomores to win his letter. This year he was shifted back to centre once more. He played regularly at the pivotal position through-out the season, and his work was of a high order both offensively and defensively.

May Again be Shifted

What position the new captain will play next year is a matter of conjecture. He may be shifted again, as has been his annual lot since his preparatory school days. For forty years no centre has captained a Harvard team. If Greenough does play centre, he will be the first Harvard captain to occupy that position since the days when the centre put the ball in play by snapping it back with his foot, and the giving of signals was a flagrant violation of the rules.

Will Address Meeting Tonight

At 7.30 tonight the new captain will address a meeting for all members of the University, Second, and 1927 Freshman teams at the Varsity Club.

At this meeting, which will usher in officially the football season for the coming year, Coach Knox of the Seconds and M. J. Logan '15, former quarterback will also speak. These two speakers will describe other games which they saw this season, and show the methods which several leading Eastern teams used in their games.

Nearly all the football coaches will be there and its is hoped that moving pictures of the Harvard-Princeton and Harvard-Yale games can be procured and shown. After the meeting refreshments will be served.