CRIMSON SOCCER TEAM BEATEN IN FINAL GAME

TEAM SHARES LAST PLACE IN LEAGUE WITH CORNELL

A 3-1 defeat by Haverford in the final game of the season on Soldiers' Field Saturday afternoon sent the University eleven down to a tie with Cornell for last place in the Intercollegiate Soccer league.

With only one league victory to its credit the Crimson entered Saturday's contest in a triple tie for last place, but the Haverford team's victory gave it a total of 4 points to the University's 2. Cornell has tied two and lost three games, giving it a total of 2 points also.

A fast, hard attack at the end of the second period won Saturday's contest for Haverford. The visitors scored first, soon after the start of the game on Richie's easy shot, and 15 minutes later the Crimson tied the score with a shot following long passes from Dorman to Wright to Lamont. For 30 minutes of the second half the teams battled to a deadlock, but then in a Haverford rally Rhodes broke the tie for the visitors and Richie clinched the game 10 minutes later with a clever shot after a long run.

The lineup was as follows: HARVARD  HAVERFORD Fitton, g.,  g., Marshall Tarnowsky, r. f. b.  r. f. b., Fisher Greenidge, l. f. b.  l. f. b., Garrett Drew-Baer, r. h. b.  r. h. b., Thomas Brooks, c. h. b.  c. h. b., Wood Pattison  Longstreth Tuttle  Richie Dorman  Starbuck Wright  Rogers Lamont  Baker Eldridge  Willey

Goals, Richie 2, Rhodes, Lamont. Substitutions, Phaneuf for Greenidge, Norton for Dorman, Dorman for Wright, Rhodes for Rogers, Barton for Willey. Time, two 45-minute periods. Referee, S. Gibson, B. R. A.