PLAN REMODELLING OF PUDDING HOUSE

Architects Now Busy on Plans to Enlarge House and Make it Suitable for Combined Clubs Next Fall

Although the amalgamation of the Hasty Pudding Club and the Institute of 1770 was voted scarcely a week ago by the members of the two clubs, active work has already been begun to prepare for the final consolidation, which will take place in September 1924.

At that time the Institute will forsake its present quarters and join with the Hasty Pudding Club in the Hasty Pudding building on Holyoke street.

Stage to be Renovated

Architects are now at work planning the reconstruction of the club house, and rough plans have already been prepared for the approval of the executive committee of the two clubs. According to the present plans, the stage in the theatre will be renovated and improved during the winter and will be complete before the rehearsals of the spring theatricals begin.

New Dining Room Planned

Immediately following the Cambridge performance of the spring show, the rest of the construction will begin. By the opening of college next fall, the new dining room and serving rooms will have been added above the theatre, and the present club house will be rearranged and refurnished. The auditorium of the theatre will be converted into a large lounging room, and the front hallway will be remodeled.

To Combine Libraries

During the summer the libraries of the two clubs will be combined also. Both libraries contain many vary valuable old books, and when combined and catalogued, will form one of the largest and most complete libraries in Cambridge.

To assist in the work of reorganization, the executive committee of the amalgamation has appointed several sub-committees which will start work immediately.