WILL HOLD FIELD EVENTS OF FALL HANDICAP MEET

FARRELL HOPES TO DISCOVER NEW MATERIAL

A valuable opportunity to judge of the material available for 1924 track work will be presented to Coach Farrell and his assistants at 3 o'clock this afternoon when the final part of the annual fall handicap track meet takes place on Soldiers Field.

Field events monopolize the program, with the javelin and discus throwers performing out of doors, and all weight, polevault, high jump, broad jump men competing in the cage.

Strong in Javelin Event

In the javelin throw there are two experienced entrants, Kernan and Greenidge, while Carpenter is the leading discus thrower. Merril in the broad-jump, Dunker, Evans and Eastman in the shot, and Gerould, Hyatt and Morse in the high-jump present a field of probable scratch men of unusual ability. Only in the pole-vault and weight-throw is an experienced group lacking. These two events should provide ample opportunity for inexperienced material to test their skill with the 35 pound weight and the vaulting pole. Since there are virtually no experienced men in these two departments, any high performers in today's meet will receive serious consideration for regular positions on the track team during the winter and spring seasons.

The order of events, with the times at which they will be run off follows:

3.15 High Jump

3.30 Pole Vault

3.30 Javelin

3.45 Broad Jump

3.45 Discus

4.00 Shot Put

4.15 35-pound weight throw