FRESHMEN-VASSAR DEBATE IS PLANNED

Subject to be Question of Entering an Agreement for Mutual Cancellation of Debt--To Debate Exeter March 6

POUGHKEEPSIE, N. Y., Feb. 9.--In conference with the captain of the Vassar debating team today, R. S. Bowers '24, president of the University Debating Council, has made definite plans for a debate between the Vassar and the Harvard Freshmen on March 3 in Poughkeepsie, for which arrangements have been pending for some time.

The subject of the debate will be "Resolved: That the United States should enter into an agreement for the mutual cancellation of interallied war debts." A committee has been chosen by the Vassar Freshmen to supervise the collection of the material for their team. A Vassar debate committee has also been appointed by the class to hear the trials and pick three members of the squad as speakers. This debate is notable as the first time a University or a Freshman team has debated with a woman's college.

On March 6 a debate between the University Freshmen and Exeter has also been definitely scheduled to take place at Exeter. The cancellation of the interallied war debts will also be the subject of the debate with Exeter.

The Freshman squad from which two teams will be selected, one to debate Vassar, the other Exeter, is composed of the following men: H. C. Davidson, W. P. Exton, H. M. Hart, A. S. Keller, J. W. Perkins, W. S. Stone, F. S. Tupper, and D. E. Wood R. S. Fanning '23 will act as coach for these teams.