CRIMSON SEXTET SWAMPS ST. NICHOLAS CLUB 5-1

University Hockey Team Exhibits Fast Passing Game in Downing New Yorkers at Arena Saturday--Visitors Lacked Practice

Excellent team-work combined with accurate passing and fast skating enabled the University hockey team to swamp the St. Nicholas Hockey Club of New York 5 to 1 on Saturday evening at the Arena. Although displaying individual brilliance, the visitors showed their lack of practice in their passing game. Jabish Holmes '21 at goal exhibited the most finished work shown by an opposing goal-guard this season, but his efforts were insufficient to stop the shots which were rained at him continually from all angles. It is a significant fact that all the Crimson points were made on short shots after passes.

Crosby fallied first for the University on a back-hand shot after Walker had taken the puck down the rink and passed it immediately in front of the cage. This was the only score of the first period. In the second session, Hill, whose work at right wing was outstanding, received a pass from Walker, who had taken the puck back of the St. Nicholas cage, and snapped it past Holmes. A few minutes later, Hill again scored, this time on the rebound after a shot by Walker. Near the end of the period. Austin, racing down the right lane, took a pass from Hammond and snapped a back hand shot home following which Buntin, star center of the St. Nicholas team, scored on a hard shot from center-ice. In the final period. Guild ended the scoring, by skating alone through the entire St. Nicholas sextet and tallying on a sharp shot from the left lane.

The summary: HARVARD  ST. NICHOLAS H C Walker, Austin, l.w.  r.w., Brerwirth Beals, Guild, c.  c., Buntin, Paldwin Hill, Graves, Beals, r.w.  l.w., Townsend, Cushman Crosby, Chase, l.d.  r.d., Walker Owen, Hammond, r.d.  l.d., Von Bernuth Flint  Bigeton