MR. MALLORY TO TELL OF MT. EVEREST EXPEDITION

Will Relate Story of Record Ascent at the Union on February 27--Climbers Reached Record Height of 27, 235 Feet Above Sea Level

Mr. G. L. Mallory, one of the leaders of the Mount Everest expedition, will speak at the Union on Tuesday, February 27, under the auspices of the University Travelers' Club and the Union.

"Climbing Mount Everest" will be the subject of his lecture, which will be illustrated by a series of stereoptican views made from actual photographs taken while the ascent was in progress.

Mr. Mallory has previously gained prominence by scaling some of the highest peaks in the Aips. Because of his experience he was chosen to make a preliminary survey of the mountain in the Himalayas in 1921, and it was in large measure due to his knowledge of high altitudes that the recent expedition succeeded in reaching 27,235 feet above sea level. The expedition was sent out to India by the Royal Geographic Society and the Alpine Club of England.

The start of the expedition was made in May, 1922, from Phari-Dzong in Tibet, and from this point upward a number of camps were established. In the work 60 Hindu coolies and 32 mules yaks, cows, and donkeys were used.

Since last October Mr. Mallory has lectured in England, and has only recently been given permission by the Royal Geographical Society and the Alpine Club to relate his story of the expedition in this country.