COMMITTEE TO REPORT ON CLASS VS. CLUB CREWS

Two Men Appointed by Each Class to Determine Sentiment on Question-- Freshman Candidates to Meet in Smith Halls at 5 Today

Work for class crews started yesterday, when about 50 candidates for upper class rowing reported at Newell boat house. Coach E. J. Brown '96 addressed the meeting, at which the members of the University squad were also present. In outlining the plans for the season he stressed a few simple rules for training, and asked the classes to appoint two men each, to report today as to whether or not the candidates wished to row in class crews or in club crews.

Today at 6 o'clock all 1926 crew candidates, including the Freshman 150-pound crews will meet in Smith Halls Common Room. Coach B. H. Baines, in charge of the Freshman crews, and Coach William Haines, who will supervise the 150-pound crews, will explain the plans for the coming season.

This meeting will conclude the series of meetings which have been held every afternoon this week for the various squads.

Work on the machines at Weld boat house and occasional work on the tank at Newell boat house for the 1926 crews will begin February 19.