PROF. PIERCE TO GIVE POPULAR RADIO LECTURE

Demonstration and Illustrations Will Feature Talk--Will Stress Influence of Vacuum on Wireless Work--Speaker an Authority on Electric Waves

This evening at 8 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall, Professor G. W. Pierce '99 will give an illustrated lecture on "Radiotelephony", under the auspices of the Harvard Engineering Society. Professor Pierce, who holds the chair of Rumford Professor of Physics and who is Director of the Cruft High Tension and Radio Laboratory, is a recognized authority on electric waves and electrical oscillations. During his long career as a professor in the University, he has contributed much to the practical application of this field of science.

The lecture will be distinctly popular in its nature, aiming particularly to explain some of the phenomena connected with "radio", in such a way that the layman can understand them. Professor Pierce will give a demonstration of reception, with loud speakers and amplifiers, with an explanation of the phenomena involved, emphasizing particularly the influence of the vacuum on wireless work. The lecture will be open free of charge to all members of the University and their friends.