WILL OUTLINE PLANS FOR FRESHMAN JUBILEE IN SMITH HALLS AT 7

REHEARSALS FOR EACH HALL TO BEGIN NEXT WEEK

The first definite steps in the plans for this year's Freshman Jubilee will be taken this evening when there will be a mass-meeting of the class at 7 o'clock in the Smith Halls Common Room. In the past few years, it has been customary for the Dean of the Freshman class to speak at the mass-meeting which is annually held in preparation for the Jubilee, but Mr. D. M. Little '18, who holds that position this year, will be unable to be present. His place will be taken by Mr. P. P. Cram '15, who will read a message to the class from Mr. Little. Dr. R. C. Cabot '89 will then speak on the more general aspects of the Jubilee, while Dr. A. T. Davison '06, director of the University Glee Club, and P. H. Robb '25 will deal especially with the importance of music as a factor in the success of the Jubilee. Robb, who was chairman of the 1925 committee will be leader of the hall choruses. A. W. Wright 4M., who will have charge of all preparations until the appointment by the class officers of the Jubilee Committee, will explain the more technical features such as the program and the training of the hall choruses.

The work of these choruses as well as the Freshman Glee Club and Instrumental Club will begin early next week. Each hall will arrange for its own rehearsals. In this competition, the number of men as well as the quality of the singing will be brought into consideration.

The competition for both the words and music of the class song will begin in a few days, and the prize song to be sung by all these halls will be picked. The date of the Jubilee has not yet been definitely set, but it will probably be about two weeks earlier than last year.