City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

PASTEUR DEBATE TONIGHT

Six Men to Speak in Music Building at 8 o'clock--Subject Is France's Policy of Collecting Reparations

Six men will debate at 8 o'clock tonight in the Paine Hall at the Music Building in competition for the Pasteur medal, which is awarded annually to "the successful contestant in an annual debate on a subject drawn from contemporary French politics". The subject for this year's debate is: "Resolved: that France is justified in her present policy of collecting reparations from Germany". The six men to compete, who were chosen after trials held on January 22, are Morton Arnold '25, J. C. Hoover '23, M. P. Lichauco '23, E. A. Smith '25, S. L. Tail '23, and R. A. Zinn '24.

Each man will speak in English for 10 minutes, and may support either the positive or negative side of the question. Professor J. T. Murray '99 of the English Department will preside. The judges will be Professor Robert Shipherd of Boston University. Mr. E. A. Whitney '17, secretary of the Committee on Choice of Electives, and Mr. I. L. Winter '86, associate professor of Public Speaking.