City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

QUINTET REPEATS EARLY SEASON VICTORY OVER WORCESTER TECH 31-28

TWO OPPOSING CAPTAINS ARE HIGH SCORERS

Overcoming their opponents' lead in a whirlwind finish, the University basketball team defeated Worcester Polytechnic Institute by a score of 31 to 28 in Hemenway gymnasium Saturday night. This was the second time this year that the Crimson has defeated Worcester, having won the first game on January 27 by a score of 28-20.

The game was close from the start. Worcester scored the first goal, but soon lost the lead, and the Crimson remained ahead throughout the first half. Play at first was slow, but became faster at the beginning of the second period. Leading a bewildering attack for the Engineers, Berry kept the University five actively on the defence, and Worcester slipped into a three-point lead. Here its string of fortune broke, and a field goal by Miller followed by a basket from the foul line by Gordon, tied the score. In the eight minutes of play that remained, Gordon and Lowenthal scored a number of goals that gave the Crimson the lead which it retained until the end of the game.

Berry was the individual star for the Engineers, showing speed and skill in his attack and passing, but falling down on his shots from the foul line, where he made only four successful shots out of 11 trials. White, at right guard, also played well for Worcester. For the Crimson, Captain Gordon and Lowenthal were the outstanding players, although team play was more in evidence than individual starring. McLeish, who has been suffering from an injury to his ankle, played most of the game.

The summary: HARVARD  WORCESTER Gordon, l.f.  r.g., White Lowenthal, r.f.  l.g., Higgins Miller, c.  c., Berry McLeish, Samberski, l.g.  r.f., Sharpe Black, r.g.  l.f., Whelpley, Delphos, Bittner

Score, Harvard 31, Worcester 28. Baskets from floor, Gordon 5, Lowenthal 3, Miller 3, Berry 4, Sharpe 3, White 2, Whelpley, Higgins, Bittner. Baskets after fouls, Gordon 5, McLeish 4, Berry 4. Referees, Oswald Tower and James Porker. Time of halves, 20 minutes.