TO START 3 COMPETITIONS

Men Wishing to Compete for News and Photographic Departments of the Crimson May Report Tomorrow

Three Crimson competitions, two in the news department open to Sophomores and Freshmen respectively and one in the photographic department open only to Freshmen, will start tomorrow night at 7 o'clock with a meeting at the Crimson Building where the work will be explained. The competitions will be approximately 11 weeks in length but will require no time during the spring vacation. This will be the last opportunity that Sophomores will have for election to the news department.

A few of the more important news sources of the University are regularly assigned to special men, but a majority of the stories, including all interviews and special articles are unassigned and are secured by the candidates as "scoops". The competition is run on a point basis twice as much credit being given for scoops as for assigned stories.

The work of the photographic competition will consist of taking pictures for the fortnightly pictorial, together with some darkroom work. No experience is necessary.