CONFERENCE AT SILVER BAY WILL BE HELD THIS YEAR FROM JUNE 14-22

VARIED SOCIAL AND ATHLETIC PROGRAM PLANNED

The thirty-eighth annual conference of Eastern College men will be held at Silver Bay, New York, this year for the fourth consecutive time, it was decided at a meeting of delegates from 25 colleges in New York last week. W. E. Crosby Jr. '24 was the University representative. The time this year has been set one day ahead of last year's conference and will last from June 14-22 so that it will not interfere with the summer plans of the delegates.

The daily program will consist, as in former years, of discussion groups and platform meetings, and among the lecturers are Dean W. L. Sperry of the Theological School, and the Reverend H. E. Fosdick, D.D., professor of Practical. Theology at Union Theological Seminary, N. Y. The object of the conference is to discuss social, religious, and economic problems of the day, a series of lectures being given by men who are leaders in these fields.

The athletic program will include a baseball series, a tennis tournament, and track meet in which teams representing the various colleges will compete. For those who do not care for organized athletics, there will be plenty of opportunity for swimming and mountain climbing.