RAND TO DISCUSS "VIRGIL" AT 4.30

Professor Grandgent to Speak February 28 on "Dante" and Professor Lowes on "Milton" a Week Later

Professor E. K. Rand '94, instructor in Latin at the University, will be the second lecturer in a series on "Four Great Poets" offered by University professors on successive Wednesday afternoons at 4.30 o'clock in Emerson D.

Professor Rand's subject this afternoon will be the "Life and Works of Virgil" and he will supplement his talks by readings from translations of Virgil's poetry. He has been a professor at the University since 1909, and has been the author of numerous articles on classical and medieval subjects and is the editor and translator of Boethius' "Opuscula Sacra", and "Consolatis "Philosophicae".

Professor C. H. Grandgent '83 will speak on February 28 on Dante, while Professor J. L. Lowes G. '03 will give the last of the series of lectures on March 7, with Milton as his subject.

The series is open to members of the University and Radcliffe College, although the talks were planned primarily for students concentrating in Ancient or Modern Literature, to furnish some guide or suggestion for their private study.