TO DEBATE ON POLICY OF THE ADMINISTRATION

Subject of Triangular Debate With Yale and Princeton Selected--Trials for Teams to be Held on Monday Evening, March 5, in Harvard Hall

The subject of the triangular debate with Princeton and Yale which will be held on Friday, March 23 will be, Resolved; That the policy of the present administration toward European affairs deserves the support and approval of this house."

According to the triangular agreement, the subject this year was selected by Yale and worded by Princeton. The term "house" is used to refer to the audience, which will be given an opportunity to render an informal opinion, although the official decision will be made in each case by three judges.

Each college will be represented by an affirmative and a negative team. The Harvard negative team will debate with Yale in Sanders Theatre, while the affirmative team will go to Princeton to meet the negative debaters there. Princeton will send its affirmative team to New Haven.

The debate this year will be carried along on a less formal basis than in previous meetings. This recent tendency will be shown in a modified procedure, as well as in the direct appeal to the audience. Each speech will be fifteen minutes in length, with the exception of that of the first man on each team, who will be given ten minutes for his main speech and five minutes at the close of the debate to sum up the arguments of his side and to refute those of his opponents.

Trials will be held for candidates for the University teams in Harvard 5 at 7 o'clock Monday evening, March 5. At this time each candidate should be prepared to give a five-minute speech supporting either side of the question.