MARSHALL CLUB GAINS SEMI-FINAL ROUND IN AMES LAW COMPETITION

FIELD WILL BE REDUCED TO FOUR CLUBS BY TOMORROW

Yesterday evening, in the second-year court of the Ames Competition, in Austin East, the Marshall Club of the Law School defeated the Pound Club in a mock-trial involving wills. Marshall, the defendant, was represented by E. C. Johnson 2L., while the losers were D. D. Crystal 2L. and H. M. Lovett 2L.

This evening at 8 o'clock in Austin East, the Beale Club will oppose the George Gray Club in a case in Equity. L. M. Dabney 2L. and C. D. Pepper 2L. will argue for Beale, which will be the plaintiff in the case. The representatives of George Gray, the defendant, will be R. S. Foster 2L. and C. W. Partridge Jr. 2L. The judges will be Dean Roscoe Pound, Chief Justice, and Messrs. J. S. Eastham and R. R. Duncan, Justices.

Tomorrow evening, the Ames-Gray Club will oppose the Chafee Club in a case involving the law of sales. This trial will complete the finals of the second-year competition. The Scott Club eliminated the Hudson Club last Monday, and with the winners of yesterday's, tonight's, and tomorrow's trials, will compete in the semi-finals next fall. Of the 23 clubs which started last autumn, the field was narrowed down to eight, and the series which is now taking place will leave four semi-finalists. The winners in this round take part in the finals, about a month later.