GEORGE GRAY WINS OVER BEALE CLUB

Case to be Argued Tonight in Austin East Involves Law of Sales--Will be Last of Second-Year Finals

Last night in Austin East the George Gray Club of the Law School defeated the Beale Club in the second-year court of the Ames Competition in a trial in a case in Equity.. The counsel for the defendant of the George Gray Club was composed of R. S. Foster 2L. and C. W. Partridge Jr. 2L. The counsel for the Beale Club, the plaintiff, was composed of S. M. Dabney 2L. and C. D. Pepper 2L.

The trial was held in a mock Justice Court over which Dean Roscoe Pound, Hon. '20, presided as Chief Justice with Mr. J. S. Eastham and Mr. R. R. Duncan as Associate Justices.

The bill in equity came up on demurrer and involved the question of whether the plaintiff could get specific performance of a contract to convey land, in which it was stipulated that time should be the essential factor. The decision was given on the presentation of the argument rather than the law involved.

This evening at 8 o'clock in Austin East, the Ames-Gray Club will oppose the Chafee Club in a case involving the law of sales. J. H. Murchison 2L. and Webster Atwell 2L. will argue for Ames-Gray, the plaintiff in the case. The representatives of Chafee, the defendant, will be L. W. Smith 2L. and K. D. Johnson 2L. The judges will be Professor Chester A. McLain '13, Chief Justice and Mr. Melville F. Weston and Mr. Walter A. Barrows, Justices.

The match tonight will complete the finals of the second-year competition.