COMPLETE WINTER CARNIVAL TODAY

Sullivan Winner in Javelin / Throw, Marshall in Shot Put, Dunker in High Jump and Martindale in Pole Vault

Yesterday afternoon four events of the annual Winter Carnival were run off. J. J. Sullivan '25 winning the javelin throw, L. K. Marshall '23 the 16-pound shot put, H. T. Dunker '25 the high jump, and J. D. Martindale '24 the pole vault. The remaining events of the meet will be held this afternoon.

In the javelin contest, J. J. Sullivan '25, with a handicap of 30 feet and a net distance of 175 feet, won first place. T. M. Potter '26, with an allowance of 35 feet, was second with a total heave of 165 feet, which was 2 feet more than the throw of the third man, F. W. Dorman '26, who had a handicap of 30 feet.

L. K. Marshall '23, winning the shot put with a net distance of 44 feet 8 inches, had an allowance of 7 feet. His distance was one foot better than the total of M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, who placed second and had a handicap of 6 feet. C. A. C. Eastman '24, who won the shot put in the triangular meet with Cornell and Dartmouth and placed second in the indoor intercollegiate in New York, was scratch man and placed third with a put of 43 feet 2 1-2 inches.

High Jump Proves Surprize

A surprise was offered in the high jump when H. T. Dunker '25, with an allowance of 6 inches, won first place with a total height of 5 feet 11 inches. Second place went to H. R. Davis '23, one of the University pole vaulters, handicapped at 5 inches, with a net jump of 5 feet 10 inches. Charles Jenney Jr. '26, with a 4 inch handicap, and W. D. Mogey '26, with 10 inches, were tied at 5 feet 9 inches for third place, the former winning the jump-off.

The final event of the afternoon, the pole vault, was won by J. D. Martindale, who had a handicap of 8 inches, with a net height of 11 feet 5 inches. With one inch less, L. O. Combs '26, allowance 16 inches., gained second place, a tie for third place resulting when D. D. Reidy Jr. '23, with a 6 inch handicap, and W. T. Reidy '25, with 18 inches, both had a net height of 11 feet. The former won the toss-up.

At 2.30 o'Clock This Afternoon

The remaining events of the carnival will be completed this afternoon, beginning at 2.30 o'clock. It is not too late for men who wish to participate in the meet to enter today's events, but all are required to sign up in the blue books at Leavitt and Peirce's, the H. A. A., the Freshman dormitories, or the Locker building. All events, evcept those for novices in which only men who have never won a track medal in college may participate, are open to all members of the college. It is expected that the relay races will feature this afternoon's program.

The events of today are: 2.30 o'clock, discus and hammer throws; 3 o'clock, handicap 40-yard dash, novice 40-yard dash, relay race between weight men and pole vaulters, handicap mile run, handicap 300-yard run, publication relay race, novice 600-yard run, handicap 666-yard run, 45-yard hurdle race, interclass relay race, and managers' relay race.