MAGAZINE ST. BRIDGE SITE FAVORED BY "TRIBUNE"

Cambridge Paper Publishes Review of Entire Situation -- Agrees With Metropolitan Committee

In regard to the construction of the proposed new bridge from Cambridge to Brookline to take the place of the present inadequate wooden structure, the "Cambridge Tribune" has recently published a review of the situation favoring the Magazine Street rather than the Brookline Street site and agreeing with the favorable action of the Committee on Metropolitan Affairs in voting to permit the Park Commissioner to take the first steps towards building the bridge at Magazine Street. Magazine Street is the continuation of Prospect Street, running from Contral Square, Cambridge, to Charlesbank. The proposed bridge will connect Magazine Street with St. Paul Street, on the Boston side of the Charles River, which runs into Brookline Village.

The Cottage Farm Bridge site, which is favored by the Great and General Court for the new bridge, is about a quarter of a mile east of the proposed Magazine Street bridge.

"The Cambridge Tribune" argues that the Magazine Street bridge would provide a straight thoroughfare from Somerville through Central Square to Brookine, which, according to the "Tribune", will be of great importance 50 years from now.