GLEE CLUB TO SING IN NEW YORK TODAY

Marks New Departure in Activities of Amateur Organizations--Will Render Selections From Liszt's "Faust"

For the first time in its history, the University Glee Club, as the result of an invitation extended by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, will sing with the Orchestra in Carnegie Hall, New York City, at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon. The invitation, establishing a precedent for amateur Glee Clubs, is an unusual compliment to the work of the University Glee Club.

The Glee Club will sing the "mystical chorus" from Liszt's "Faust Symphony". The Boston Symphony Orchestra will be conducted by M. Pierre Monteux who will also lead the Glee Club in its singing. The Glee Club will be represented by 60 men, who left for New York last night.

For several years the Glee Club has been singing in Boston with the Symphony Orchestra, taking part in the regular series of Friday and Saturday concerts. Last Friday and Saturday the Glee Club sang in Symphony Hall the same selections from Faust that they will sing today.

The Glee Club on its spring trip will sing with the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra in Cleveland.