"EIGHT MOST"

Mystery increases. The Poetry Society and its innocent offspring, having been dragged into uncomfortable prominence in the Communication Column and elsewhere have not yet found the peace which they have earned. Yesterday's mail carried the ominous message from "eight representatives of the Harvard College of today", that a startling addition to contemporary literature will appear tomorrow. They further announce that their volume is "un-edited by the Harvard Poetry Society", and, as a final touch of mystification, declare that they "make themselves known through the voices of Eight More Harvard Poets", their predecessors.

Prophecy is a dangerous pastime; but the handhill of this octet shows a mocking similarity to the jacket of the previous volume. Is it possible that another parody is about to be born? The history of that ancient literary form is an honorable one in the University. Aristocrats and Proletarians are not forgotten; the Harvard Magazine, now serenely buried, was once a recurrent ghost who mimicked himself from vari-colored pages; and the buzz of a recent mockgad-fly still echoes.

That the new product intends to join this famous crew seems likely; whether it will win fame with them, or pass unnoticed, depends on its own merits. At any rate, the authors are ambitious; not content to be called "Another Eight", or "A Second Eight More", or "A Third Eight", they brazenly proclaim themselves the "Eight Most Harvard Poets"--no less. Who these superlative artists are, remains to be revealed.