YALE AGAIN TAKES CRIMSON MEASURE

Conklin at Center on Winning Team Is Main Cog in Effective Passing Game--Gordon Leads Crimson Scoring

Taking the lead 30 seconds after the opening whistle, soon increasing it to 4-0, and maintaing a margin of at least four points for the rest of the game the Yale basketball team defeated the University by the score of 24-14 last night in Hemenway gymnasium. Shot after shot was attempted by the Crimson from the middle of the court, some few of them succeeding, and these combined with the excellent team work of the Yale quintet, were the features of the game. This is the Crimson's second defeat this year at the hands of the intercollegiate champions, the score of the first game being 36-28 in favor of the Blue.

Within half a minute after the opening of the game Pite, Yale's right forward and one of her high scorers this year, opened the attack of the Blue with a basket after a short pass from the center of the court. Two free throws by Suisman made the score 4-0 in Yale's favor.

Gordon Opens Crimson Scoring

After Pite's goal Gordon began the scoring for the University with a basket, but before the Crimson could tie the score Conklin had shot two goals in succession giving the Blue a good lead. Baskets by Suisman, Conklin, and Lowenthal brought the score up to 13-8 in Yale's favor, with five minutes of the first half left. Here a shift was made in the Crimson forward line, Gordon taking McLeish's place as forward and Miller going back to center, but no marked change was visible and the half ended a few minutes later with the score 15-11 in favor of Yale.

Suisman Scoren Again

Suisman with a basket and a free throw brought Yale's lead up to seven points in the second half before the Crimson could score. Towards the end of the game the Crimson rallied and carried the score up to 14-18, but in the short time remaining could not reduce Yale's lead. On the other hand, in the last four minutes of play. Suisman and Pite both caged baskets from the center of the court.

Conklin of Yale played the best game of the evening, scoring three baskets from the floor in the first half and proving his worth defensively at all times. Captain Gordon was the outstanding player for the University. The team work of the Blue was good at all times, especially the passing of the two forwards, and the center.

The summary:

Score, Yale 24, Harvard 14. Goals from floor, Gordon 2, Lowenthal, Merriam, Conklin 3, Suisman 3, Pite 3, Gitllts. Goals from fouls, McLeish 3, Gordon 3, Suisman 4. Referce, Souders, Umpire, Towers. Time of halves, 20 minutes. HARVARD  YALE Lowenthal, Merriam, Lowenthal, r.f.  l.g., Gitlitz McLeish, Gordon, McLeish, Merriam, l.f.  r.g., Haas Gordon, Miller, Gordon, c.  c., Conklin Black, Rudofsky, r.g.  l.f., Sutsman Samborski, l.g.  r.f., Pite