CRIMSON TAKES THIRD PLACE IN N. E. WRESTLING

MANY RESULTS DETERMINED BY TIME ADVANTAGE

In a very close match in which the University brought forward some of the best wrestling it has shown this year, it was forced to accept third place in the New England Wrestling Championships held last night at M. I. T. The final scores were Brown 18, Technology 13, Harvard 11, and Dartmouth 8.

Captain H. J. Freedman '23 was the only University wrestler to win the championship in any class. Freedman, by excellent wrestling, defeated Dickinson of Brown by referee's decision. In the unlimited class T. W. Hoag '25, as he had defeated Greer, the Technology beavyweight Wednesday, met Oberlander of Dartmouth who had defeated Saywood of Brown only after two overtime periods. In the 12-minute period neither Hoag nor Oberlander was able to secure a decided advantage, and an overtime period was held, in which Oberlander, by use of the first break, scored a time advantage of two minutes and 53 seconds, winning the bout.

In the runner-up match Hoag met Saywood of Brown. Hoag, although greatly fatigued, seized an early opening and nearly pinned Saywood to the mat with a front body hold but was unable to retain it long enough to score the fall. Saywood then came back and came within an ace of turning the tables before Hoag finally rolled over and gained his feet. He then kept his advantage until the end winning on decision.

Although L. B. Smith lost in the finals to Brightman of Brown, after Brightman secured a fall by a front nelson and body hold, he defeated Norward of Technology by decision after keeping a time advantage throughout the match.