FRENCH PHOTOGRAPHS ON EXHIBITION IN LIBRARY

Collection in Possession of French Department Gift of Helen S. Tolman--On Exhibition for First Time

A large collection of French photographs has been recently opened to the public, and is on file in the French History room of the Library, Widener W. The photographs, which are large and well-mounted, the the gift of Miss Helen S. Tolman of Boston. Although the pictures have been in the possession of the French Department for some time, they have never before been available for public exhibition.

There are altogether five groups of photographs. One set consists of some six hundred photographs illustrating French architecture, from an historical point of view. The other four groups consist of views of French city and country scenes, and are arranged geographically. All of the photographs are indexed. They are open for reference to all members of the French department who have access to the French library, and to other members of the University upon application to the Librarian or at the desk in the Child Memorial room.