FENCERS FACE TRIED OPPOSITION TONIGHT

VISITORS WERE INTERCOLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS IN 1921

The powerful Columbia University fencing team, intercollegiate champions in 1921, will be the opponents of the Crimson at 3 o'clock this afternoon on the main floor of the Hemenway gymnasium.

Bloomer of Columbia, entered in both the foils and duelling swords matches, is considered the most formidable fencer on the team. Fuertes, however, is the novice champion of the Amateur Fencing League of America and Barrett is the winner of the Clemens medal competition in last year's Intercollegiate Championship.

The University will line up with Captain E. H. Lane '24, E. L. Lane '24, and Roland Fleer '24 in the foils events and C. J. Shearn '23 and J. K. Watson '23 with the duelling swords. Lendon Snedeker '25 and G. S. Sharp '25 will also probably take part in the foils events.

The University fencers have won four out of five matches this year, losing only to West Point 6-5. Last week they defeated Dartmouth and the New York Military Academy and on February 17 they won from the University of Pennsylvania 5-4. The last event on the schedule so far was a 9-0 victory over Bowdoin.