OFFER PRIZE FOR ESSAY ON PLOTTING OF LAND

Mr. F. B. Williams '88 Offers $250 for Best Manuscript Not Exceeding 3500 Words--Must Be in by June 1

Mr. F. B. Williams '88 of New York has offered a prize of $250 for the best essay of not more than 3500 words on the following subject:

"The Laws and Regulations relating to Plotting of Land in the United States as affecting the Desirability of Lots for Dwelling Purposes."

This competition is open to students in any department of the University, and to graduates of any department of not more than three years' standing. It will close January 1, 1923. The judges will be Messrs. Thomas Adams of Boston and London, and Albert S. Bard '92 L. and Nelson P. Lewis of New York.

The regulations for the competition specify that the essays should be typewritten and signed with a fictitious name, and should be accompanied by a sealed envelope containing the name and address of the competitor or competitors, and sent to Albert S. Bard, 25 Broad Street, New York City, so as to reach him on or before June 1, 1923. Two or more competitors may collaborate, the prize to be divided among them in the event of their success.

To the essay may be appended material such as tables, diagrams, plans, the text of statutes and other technical matter a bibliography, indexes, etc., not exceeding in all 3000 words or its equivalent in pages.

Mr. Williams, the donor of the prize, is a prominent lawyer and city planner. He is the author of the New York city planning law, and has recently taken part in the legal survey for the Plan of New York and its Environs sponsored by the Russell Sage Foundation.