WORK ON FRESHMAN RED BOOK TO START TODAY

Competitions in Three Departments Will Begin With Meetings in Rooms of Various Chairmen

The Freshman Red Book competitions for the Editorial, Photographic, and Arts and Cuts departments will start today with meetings of the candidates in the rooms of the department chairmen.

The editorial candidates will meet at 1.05 o'clock in James Smith C-31, the room of the editorial chairman. W. I. Nichols '26. This competition will last three weeks, at the end of which time about ten men will be elected to the board. The work will consist of writing up summaries and compiling statistics

The meeting of the photographic candidates will be held in Persis Smith B-32 at 1.05 o'clock. The competition will last six weeks and work will be chiefly of three kinds: taking snapshots, arranging individual and group pictures, and compiling the individual records of all men in the class. The photographic chairman, E. W. Marshall '26 has announced that candidates will not be required to provide their own cameras and that no previous experience is necessary.

Candidates for the Arts and Cuts department will meet in Standish D-42 at 7.15 o'clock. F. B. Turner '26, the chairman of this department, will outline the work to be done in the three weeks of the competition.