SUBJECT OF TRIANGULAR FRESHMAN DEBATE CHOSEN

Will Discuss America and the Treaty of Versailles--Team Trials Will Be Held on April 5

At a meeting of University debaters in Grays 36 at 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon, it was definitely decided that the subject for the approaching Freshman triangular debate with Yale and Princeton should be as follows: Resolved: That the United States should act with her former allies in revising the Versailles Treaty.

The first trial for Freshman candidates will take place at Harvard 5 on Thursday, April 5, and will consist of five-minute speeches on the topic chosen for the debate. Probably nine men will be retained. Men who are unable to attend this trial, will be given further opportunity to compete by arrangement with Philip Walker '25 in Weld 43 on the following day.

The managership competition will start on April 9 and will continue up to the time of the triangle debate. There will be no work during the spring recess. A manager and first assistant will be retained; and the manager will accompany the team that goes to New Haven.

Philip Walker '25 will act as coach. He was a member of the University team last year and was also a member of the team that defeated Princeton this year.