DENTAL SCHOOL SOCIETY HAS ENLARGED ANNUAL PROGRAM

Conducts Employment Bureau to Help Needy Men Find Work

The first meeting of the year was the annual reception. This year we combined with the Dental Research Society and enlarged upon our program. The speaker for the association was J. Eiske Brown '22, who gave a very interesting lecture on football.

Dean Rice of Tufts Dental School was the speaker at the second meeting. The third and fourth meetings were held under the auspices of the Boston Y. M. C. A.

During the month of September letters were sent to all prospective Freshmen offering the aid of the Association in any way during their stay at Dental School. Pamphlets were enclosed with this letter telling of the work of the society and a survey of expenses during the course at Dental School.

An information and service bureau was opened a week before the opening of school which aided students, new and old, and entertained visitors to our school. Room lists and maps of the immediate vicinity were distributed to all that desired them. Harvard Handbooks were given to the Freshmen.

Aid 16 to Find Employment

About thirty men applied for work outside of school hours and sixteen were helped in finding employment. Registration of men desirous of obtaining work during the next school year is now going on so as to assist in locating work for the men as early as possible.

It has been the endeavor of the society to cooperate with local churches in interesting men in various church activities. Notices of meetings are welcomed and are given publicity.

A bulletin board has been maintained for posting notices of activities at Cambridge in which our men are interested.

Magazines and other periodicals are kept in the Students' room as was the case last year.

Owing to the extremely full schedule of the Dental men it is rather hard to arrange satisfactory programs, but the society satisfies a great need at the school and its work is appreciated by the students.

Respectfully submitted, B. P. B. CHADBOURNE 3Dn.   Secretary Dental School Society.