COPELAND TO DISCUSS LIFE AND LETTERS OF CHARLES LAMB

Lecture to Be Given for Benefit of Radcliffe Endowment Fund

Professor Charles Townsend Copeland '82 will speak for the first time publicly on "Charles Lamb in His Life and Letters" at Agassiz House, Radcliffe College, on Tuesday, April 24, for the benefit of the Radcliffe Endowment Fund. The lecture will begin promptly at 8.15 o'clock after which time no one will be admitted. Professor Copeland is planning to make this subject of interest to those who will take Divisionals in English as well as of more than ordinary interest to his general audience.

In addition to his regular work at the University and Radcliffe, Professor Copeland gives courses at the Summer School and an extension course at Boston University. He has lectured in the Lowell Institute, and is a trustee of the Massachusetts State Library. Professor Copeland holds the honorary degree of Doctor of Literature which was awarded him by Bowdoin in 1920 and he was recently made a life member of the Harvard Union in recognition of his services to it. Not least among the recognitions of his genius as a teacher is the Charles Townsend Copeland Association of New York City, which through its annual dinner, provides opportunity for his former students and other invited guests to gather in his honor and hear him speak.

Tickets for the lecture are on sale at Herrick's, the Cooperative Society, and Leavitt and Peirce's for $1.50 and $1.00 each. All the seats are reserved.