SOCCER CANDIDATES TO MEET AT VARSITY CLUB

Unsuitable Condition of Soldiers Field Will Probably Postpone Actual Practice Until After Spring Vacation

A meeting of all candidates for the soccer team will be held tonight at 7 o'clock in the Varsity Club. The meeting will be addressed by Mr. W. R. Welch, who coached the team last fall and who will supervise the practice this spring. Mr. William Thomson, formerly a member of the Scotch soccer team and now an instructor at the University, will also speak, and the work for the coming season will be outlined by Captain F. G. Wade '25.

It had been planned to start practice tomorrow, but due to the soft condition of the field, the men will probably not get outdoors until vacation. It is expected, however, that they will have a longer period of spring practice than has been customary in the past. There will be only one week's drill on fundamentals, and then the team will play several informal contests including one game already scheduled with Northeastern University.

Coach Welch has announced that he wishes all men interested in soccer to report at the meeting, whether they intend to play this spring or not.