FINNEY LEADS 1926 FINANCE COMMITTEE IN SECURING $3500

Is Appointed Chairman as Result of Individual Collection of $1039

C. McG. Wells '26, chairman ex-officio of the Freshman Finance Committee, announced last night the results of the drive conducted by the Committee with the intent of collecting $4000 for the class fund. Although all the pledges have not yet been collected, the total amount subscribed has now reached approximately $3500. This amount is $500 greater than last year's Freshman class was able to solicit during its first drive, and $200 more than the amount finally collected.

As a result of the two week's competition, Howard Finney Jr. of Upper Montclair, N. J., was appointed chairman of the Finance Committee, with a total of $1039 to his credit. Floyd Tomkins Gibson of Philadelphia, Pa., Lement Upham Harris of Tuxedo Park, N. Y., Thayer Cumings of Bedford Hills, N. J., and Hovey Edward Slayton Jr. of Manchester, N. H., were appointed sub-chairmen in the order named.

A clean-up drive will probably be instituted next week, if the quota has not been reached by then. This drive will be conducted by the newly appointed committee.