FRESHMAN RALLIES SEND CUSHING TO 19-7 DEFEAT

McGLONE LEADS BATTERS WITH DOUBLE AND TRIPLE

The Freshman baseball team had little difficulty in winning its sixth straight victory when it sent the Cushing Academy players to a 19-7 defeat at Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. Exceptionally heavy hitting on both sides coupled with loose fielding was responsible for high scores. The 1926 batters pounded out 20 hits while the visitors were able to get 13 hits off Costo, who pitched the entire game for the Freshman. McGlone at short stop was the outstanding player for the Crimson making several difficult assists and contributing a double at his first trip to the plate and a triple at a critical point in the fifth inning. Field was also a dependable man at the plate with a triple, a double, and two singles.

The Freshman wasted little time in starting the rally. McGlone's opening double was followed by a base on balls and a hit by Slayton. With the bases full Todd sacrificed to center field bringing in the first run. Before the inning was over an error, another base hit, and a sacrifice gave the yearlings a safe four run lead. Two more tallies were added in the second and another in the third before the visitors were able to score.

Cushing Gathers Five Runs

In the fourth, however, the Cushing batters got beyond Costo's control and five runs were brought in before Urreula was cut off at the plate for the third out.

It was not until the second half of the fifth that the yearlings answered the rally, knocked a pitcher from the box, and continued the hitting fest for a total of eight runs before a strike out and a pop fly brought the inning to a close. One run in the sixth and three in the seventh brought an end to the Crimson scoring.