BUSINESS SCHOOL SQUAD REDUCED AND RANKED

Ten Tennis Players Selected on Basis of Experience and Records--Committee Arranges for Challenge Matches

The tentative ranking of the Business School tennis squad was recently announced by the committee on selection and ranking, made up of E. T. Herndon 2G.B., captain; C. P. Tenneson 2G.B., manager; and C. E. Fribley 1G.B., assistant manager.

The number on the squad has been reduced to ten singles players and five doubles teams, so that a small squad may begin practice immediately in order to be ready early for the heavy schedule through which the team will play this spring.

The ten players in the tentative singles ranking which is based on previous competition and experience, and on the records of the players in the fall ranking tournament, will be excluded from competition in the annual Business School tennis tournament which will start on April 24.

Any player or team on the squad has the right to challenge any other player or team ranking two places above them. The challenged must play within two days after receiving the formal challenge or lose the match by default. Challenges are made to the captain of the team, the manager, or the challenged player or team directly.

If the challenger wins, he exchanges places with the challenged on the ranking board. A defeated player cannot engage a player who has defeated his in a challenge match until one week has clapsed from the time of deafeat.

The players occupying the eighth, ninth, and tenth positions on the ranking list will be subject to challenge by any one of the eight players who reach the round before the semi-finals. In the tournament, while the doubles teams occupying the fourth and fifth positions will be subject to challenge by teams composed of these eight players in the tournament.

The winner or winners of a challenge match will enter the result of the match on a placed posted in the Business School Library so that necessary changes may be made on the ranking board. All matches will be decided by two out of three sets.

Ranking in Singles and Doubles

Singles.--1, E. T. Herdon 2G.B.; 2, F. McG. Bundy 2G.B.; 3, R. N. Bradley 1G.B.; 4, H. N. Stevens 2G.B.; 5, W. G. Bottlemore 2G.B.; 6, R. R. Thompson 2G.B.; 7, J. T. Moll 2G.B.; 8, C. P. Tenneson 2G.B.; 9, O. M. Root 2G.B.; 10, Stanborough Fernald 1G.B.

Doubles.--1, Bundy and Herndon; 2, Bottlemore and Thompson; 3, Bradley and Tenneson; 4, Moll and Root; 5, Fernald and G. E. Gilchrist 1G.B.