GLEE CLUB TO SING AT SYMPHONY HALL TONIGHT

FRIEDA HEMPEL WILL ASSIST AS SOLOIST

Those who hear the University Glee Club at 8.15 o'clock this evening in Symphony Hall will hear it, as far as Boston or Cambridge is concerned, for the last time before the start of the regular May concert schedule. Miss Frieda Hempel, since 1912 coloratura soprano in the Metropolitan Opera Company of New York City, will vary the program by singing alone two groups of songs, and another group jointly with the Glee Club, Dr. A. T. Davison '06 will be the conductor.

Two choruses, written by J. G. Ropartz and dedicated to the University Glee Club, will be a special feature of the concert. In addition to this, "The House Among the Trees", a song also dedicated to the Glee Club, will be sung. This latter composition was written by Edward Ballantine, music instructor in the University.

A few tickets may still be had at Symphony Hall. Prices range from one dollar to two dollars and a half. He sishoia are sold at the Glee Club office in the Munic Building. The program follows:. 1 Integer Vitae,  Flemming Arise, O Ye Servants of God,  Sweelinck Laudate Dominum,  Converse The Harvard Glee Club 2 Aria from "Der Freischutz",  Weber Miss Hempel 3 Deux Choeurs,  Ropartz Tout vient a poinct qui peult attendre Les fourriers d'Este sont venus Hall, Goddess Ascending, from the "Birth of Venus",  Faure (Soprano solo by Miss Hempel) Dirge for two Veterans,  Holst Bedouin Song,  Foote The Harvard Glee Club 4 Now Shines the Dew,  Rubinstein Lullaby,  Humperdinck Canari Jaloux (Swiss) Gavotte, from "Manou",  Massenet Miss Hempel 5 The House Among the Trees,  Ballantine Folk Songs: The Hundred Pipers Lament for Owen Roe O'Neill Bonnie Dundee Cum Sanoto Spiritu from B Minor Mass,  Bach The Harvard Glee Club