150-POUND EIGHT DEFINITELY PICKED

Will Meet Yale Championship Class Crew on May 19--Freshman Four-Oar Scores Over Noble and Greenough

The victory of the first combination 150-pound crew, stroked by S. G. French '25, over the Sophomore 150-pounders yesterday was the feature of an afternoon replete with races. Rowing over the Henley distance of a mile and five-sixteenths for the honor of facing the M. I. T. 150-pound boat on Saturday, the combination crew forged steadily ahead to win by a full three lengths in the fast time of 7.24. The winners will probably meet Yale and Princeton on May 19.

Sophomore crew A, which won the class crew trial race Tuesday afternoon and has defeated University C, will also race on May 19,--rowing against the winning Yale class crew.

Freshman four-oared crew D, which has defeated the Exeter seconds and lost to Middlesex, added another victory to its record when it nosed out the Noble and Greenough four-oared boat by a scant half-length. The race was held over the half-mile course above the Infirmary. Gore crew A reached the finish in the interdormitory race less than half a length in the lead of Standish A over the Henley distance. The Smith crew A was in third place, close behind Standish.

A stiff six-mile paddle, interspersed with a couple of racing starts as the men neared home, formed the bill of fare for the two University crews yesterday.

A quick, hard catch was one of the points specially emphasized by Coach Muller, who took the stroke position in Crew A for a short time himself and piloted the oarsmen through several short starts.

That the crews are both capable of a high stroke was demonstrated on the return paddle when University A, in two short brushes with the seconds, got away each time to a beat of 41, with the Junior eight, stroked by B. F. Rice-Bassett '25, not far below.

Three short speeches will be made this evening at the Freshman crew mass meeting in Standish Hall Common Room. Dr. R. H. Howe '01, director of rowing, and Mr. M. W. Ware '02, coach of the dormitory crews, will discuss plans for dormitory rowing for the rest of the season, while Captain Richard Trimble Jr. '26 will make the final speech.